Base58’s cookie notification
Effective from: February 2020
In order for the Base58 website to work correctly and for the purpose of enhancing your browsing experience, a minimum amount of information needs to be stored on your computer in the form of so-called cookies.
Even though you can block cookies and continue browsing the website, some of the functionality of the site may not be available to you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. They are used to save various, simple data, related to your behavior on the website. Cookies are not harmful.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering and storing the users’ choices and preferences (e.g., language, layout, etc.). Later, when you return to the same website, the web browser sends back the cookies belonging to that website which allows the site to display information adjusted to your preferences.
Cookies may also store some personal information, like your name or e-mail address, in case you provide that data yourself by entering it somewhere on the website.
Cookies do not have any access to any information you have not provided them with and cannot access other files on your computer, tablet or phone.
What types of cookies are there?
Cookies can be differentiated by who sets them, how long they stay stored on your computer, and by their purpose.
They may be set by the website you visit (direct or first-party cookies) or by another domain through the website you visit, such as Google Analytics (third-party cookies).
Depending on the duration of the cookies, they can be classified as:
- Session cookies are used to associate user actions during a single browser session. The browser session starts when you open the browser window and ends when you close it. A session cookie is temporarily created and deleted after you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies remain stored on your device for the duration specified in the cookie itself and are activated on each individual visit to the website that created the cookie. The duration of such cookies may vary from a few minutes to several years..
Depending on the purpose of the cookies, they can be classified as:
- Strictly necessary cookies are necessary for the website to function properly. They are used to enable the basic functionality of the site.
- Analytics cookies collect information about how the website is used, like which pages you visit most, whether any errors have occurred during the site operation, how many visitors have been on the page, etc. That information is anonymous and cannot be linked to an individual. It is used solely to improve the operation of the website and the overall user experience.
- Advertising cookies provide online advertising that can be tailored to your personal preferences by displaying ads that are relevant and interesting to you, both on and off the Base58 website. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times an ad is shown and to help carry out more efficient advertising campaigns.
For more information on online advertising cookies and online privacy, please see the guidelines created by the advertising industry available at https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
What types of cookies does this website use?
To help you understand what types of cookies the Base58 website uses and for what purpose, we have added examples for each cookie type we use in the text below:
Strictly necessary cookies
An example of functionalities enabled by the use of strictly necessary cookies is:
- Cookies required for www.base58.hr to work
Some of the cookies used for this purpose are: cookie_control_consent, cookie_control_enabled_cookies, base58_language
Optional cookies are cookies that are not necessary for the uninterrupted functioning of the Base58 website.
For website analytics, we use third-party cookies - Google Analytics. You can find more information about them at the following link: Google Analytics. Some of the options offered by analytics cookies are:
- Tracking the number of visitors to our website
- Tracking the time each visitor spends on our website
- Determining the order in which the visitor visits various parts of our website
- Evaluation of the parts of our website that need improvement
- Website optimization
- Requesting feedback for specific sections of the website
Examples of analytics cookies we use are: _gat_gtag, _ga, _gid
Functional cookies are cookies that enable third party content to be shown on the website. An example of such content is Google maps embedded on the Base58 website.
How to manage cookie settings?
The activities connected to the storing and sending of cookies are not visible to the end user, but you can control whether you accept or reject cookie requests. You also have the option to delete cookies when you close your web browser or upon request.
More information about cookie settings for different browsers can be found at the following links: